Write a 550-600 word (about 2 pages), double-spaced paper reviewing a news article from a current event and how it relates to a concept discussed in class.
- Briefly introduce the event
- Explicitly identify the geographic concept the event pertains to.
- Define and discuss the geographic concept, using your textbook. Put it into your own words as well.
- Connect more information about the concept back into the event.
- Briefly tell me why you chose this event.
You may use multiple sources. The main news article should be of substantial length (it should take you at least 5 minutes to read it). You must use a reputable news source such as one of the following:
- The Economist
- The Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
- The Washington Post
You must cite all of your sources, including the news article, and your textbook. DO NOT use wikipedia.
- Paper should be no less than 550-600 words (about 2 full pages of content). Use MLA formatting for the purpose of consistency.
- You must include a works-cited page.
- Include parenthetical documentation.
- Copy and paste your paper into the textbox provided for this assignment online
- You may complete up to TWO extra credit papers (submit under Extra Credit 1 and Extra Credit 2).
- Submit both papers in the same textbox, indicating each with different titles.
- These must be submitted on Canvas under “Extra Credit” by the end of the day (11:59pm) of the final exam.
- I will not accept hard/paper copies.
- Each paper counts as a percentage point added to your final grade. For example, if you have a 78% in the class, and complete two extra-credit papers, your final grade will be an 80%
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."