Which of the theories we covered so far best fits the practice setting you work in or that you are interested in working? What about the theory makes it well-suited for your practice setting?
Use the 6 criteria from Ch. 7 of Fundamentals of Nursing Models, Theories, and Practice for choosing the most appropriate theory for a practice.
Select a practice/clinical setting. Some examples could be an emergency room, hospice, community-based long-term care facility, children’s clinic, etc.
Use the following 6 criteria to select a theory appropriate for the setting you chose:
- Clinical setting
- Origin of the theory
- Paradigms as a basis for choice
- Patient’s needs
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you explain:
- The practice or clinical setting you chose
- Provide some detail to give context to the setting.
- The theory you selected for this practice or clinical setting and a discussion of the origin of the theory
- Concepts that comprise the theory
- The theory’s application to practice
- How the 6 criteria helped you choose the theory
- Why the selected theory is well suited for the setting
- What you would use to guide patient care in the absence of a theory
Cite a minimum of 2 sources in-text and on a slide with APA-formatted references.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."