DUE DATE: MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
1. OPEN BOOK: This exam is “open book,” which means you are permitted to use the course PowerPoint slides for UNITS 6-10, your own class notes, the readings shared in class, and anything on the course’s Blackboard page.
2. UNACCOMPANIED: The exam must be taken completely alone. Showing it or discussing it with anyone is forbidden. You may not consult with any other person regarding the exam. You may not check your exam answers with any person.
3. NO EXTERNAL SOURCES: You may not consult any external resources. This means no internet searches, materials from other classes or books or any notes you have taken in other classes, etc. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other search engines for any reason. You may not use any shared Google documents.
4. PLAGIARISM: Copying and pasting answers from other students (past and present) or websites such as Wikipedia.com, History.com, Blackpast.org, Britannica.com or others will cause you to FAIL this exam.
5. TIME MANAGEMENT: Please take time to read each question carefully and avoid leaving blank answers. Giving yourself ample time to complete this exam is highly suggested. Waiting until the night before or the morning of to begin this exam in not recommended.
6. QUESTIONS: All questions regarding this exam should be directed to Dr. Dupree-Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org only.
7. SUBMISSION: Your exam must be typed and submitted through the Exams Tab on Blackboard in Microsoft WORD format by Monday, May 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM. IF THE BLACKBOARD SYSTEM IS DOWN, YOU MAY ALSO EMAIL YOUR EXAM TO DR. DUPREE-WILSON.
PART I. COMPREHENSIVE ESSAYS. Please answer ALL FOUR (4) essay questions presented below and write a 10-14-sentence essay for each. DO NOT SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE BULLET POINTS FROM THE UNIT POWERPOINTS. YOU MUST WRITE CLEAR AND CONCISE ESSAYS. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete these essays, if you do, you will fail this exam.
1. As we learned in Unit 6, in the early 20th century, Hollywood produced images of blacks that were inaccurate, stereotypical and highly offensive. Over time, black characters in TV and film were presented in a more positive way. In 10-14 sentences, please discuss some of the problematic characters and television shows that emerged in early Hollywood. Please be sure to discuss what led to Hollywood’s shift in its presentation of African American characters and cite specific examples of black actors who changed TV and film forever. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
2. As we examined in Unit 7, during the second wave of the Great Migration, African Americans developed political capacities in the North that were not available in the South. In 10-14 sentences, please discuss the impact of African American Bloc Voting and provide examples of the major political alliances that African Americans formed with various organizations and individuals. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
3. In Unit 8, we explored the Great Migration and the modern Civil Rights Movement. The Civil Rights Movement offered many major milestones that were both distressing and monumental, especially in the year 1963. In 10-14 sentences, please discuss the four (4) major events that occurred in 1963, which served as turning points for the movement. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
4. In Unit 9, we surveyed the emergence of the African American Elite in major cities. Throughout the early to mid-20th century, several wealthy African Americans engaged in the discriminatory practice of “colorism.” In 10-14 sentences, please define what colorism is, how it manifested among the African American Elite and its impact in Black America. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
PART II. EXTRA CREDIT ESSAY (OPTIONAL). In Unit 10, we surveyed the rise of African American politicians after the Great Migration. By the 1970s and 80s, several major U.S. cities witnessed the arrival of African American mayors. In 8-10 sentences, please discuss at least three (3) African American mayors that were highlighted in Unit 10 and some of the major achievements of their mayoral tenure. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (10 POINTS)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."