A 72-year-old male presents to the clinic with 4 weeks of productive cough. He has a 10-year history of diagnosed COPD. He has a 45-year history of two packs a day cigarette smoking. He states he quit smoking due to financial needs about 6 years ago. He complains of pain in his chest from coughing, saying it is sore. He has noticed some dark-colored blood on his tissue.
Vital Signs: BP 137/90; HR 82; RR 22; BMI 23.
Chief Complaint: Persistent cough won’t go away with my normal cough medicine. Noticed blood on tissue from coughing.
Discuss the following:
1) What additional subjective information will you be asking of the patient?
2) What additional objective findings would you be examining the patient for?
3) What are the differential diagnoses that you are considering?
4) What radiological examinations or additional diagnostic studies would you order?
5) What treatment and specific information about the prescription will you give this patient?
6) What are the potential complications from the treatment ordered?
7) What additional laboratory tests might you consider ordering?
8) Will you be looking for a consult?
Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Identification of Main Issues, Problems, and Concepts
Distinguished – 5 points
Identify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues, problems, and concepts.
Use of Citations, Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines
Distinguished – 3 points
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing. High level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."