Case Study: Part 1
You will be creating a case study in stages over four course topics. Use an example from your own personal practice, experience, or own personal/family (however, simulated cases are not acceptable for practice hours and therefore not acceptable for this assignment). Examples might include a patient with Duchesne’s muscular dystrophy. Huntington’s disease, Down’s syndrome, sickle-cell anemia, BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 mutations, or another genetic disorder that you or the organization in which you practice may specialize in treating.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- This assignment requires that at least three additional scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least one in-text citation for each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite for similarity scores.
For this assignment (Part 1 of the Case Study), write an assignment of (1,000-1,250 words) incorporating genetics information learned from assigned readings in Topics 1 and 2. Include the following:
- Description of the disease, its prevalence, and its incidence.
- Discussion of laboratory testing that is possible.
- Guidelines and reasons behind the FDA regulations for introducing new pharmaceutical agents (policy).
- The role that money and grants play in scientific advances; the economics of health care (capitalism).
- The role and involvement family plays in the health care decision.
Rosenbaum, P. (2017). The yin and yang of clinical research. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 59(12), 1208. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/dmcn.13553
Hussain, S., Moiz, B., Aqeel, S., & Zaidi, N. (2017). Issues in reproductive health in females having inherited bleeding disorders in Pakistan. Haemophilia, 23(4), 367-370. https://doi.org/10.1111/hae.13254
Also use resources from topic 1 of last week
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."