Using a minimum of 3 recent scholarly peered reviewed article less than 5yrs old for DQ 1 and 3 scholarly peer-reviewed article for DQ 2 must be cited using APA format 750 words for each topic DQ 1 and DQ2 It should be written separately Note: Please see reading references below
Week 1 DQ 1
Lookup a felony in your state’s statutes. Describe the lowest level of that felony and the highest level of that felony in the statutes. Explain the differentiating factors between the lowest and highest level of the felony. Do you feel it is important to break crimes down into different levels? Why?
Week 1 DQ 2
Define law in your own words. Why did we start creating laws? How has the law changed over time? How has the law changed with the development of technology? Give an example of something you feel should be a law that is not.
1. Read Chapters 1 and 2 in Introduction to Criminology: Why Do They Do It?
2. Explore the FBI website – Uniform Crime Reports.
2. Explore the Census website.
3. Read “Crime Characteristics and Trends,” from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (2015).
4. Read “Law” by Lieberman, in S. Bronner (Ed.), Encyclopedia of American Studies (2014)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."