In 2000 words, describe the following:
1. Describe the options in the sentencing process.
2. Describe how a judge determines an appropriate sentence.
3. Discuss the different types of punishment offenders receive.
4. Assess what happens if a criminal offender is dissatisfied with the outcome of a trial.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance
Please see the reading materials
1. Read “Sentencing and Punishment” by Easton & Piper from Criminal Law Forum (2007).
2. Read “Understanding Judicial Hierarchy: Reversals and the Behavior of Intermediate Appellate Judges” by Scott from Law & Society Review (2006).
3. Read “Pretrial Detention Choices and Federal Sentencing,” by Oleson, VanNosrand, Lowenkamp, Cadigan, & Wooldredge from Federal Probation (2014).
4. Read “Federal Sentencing: Time for a Second Look?” by Gardephe from Litigation (2017).
5. Read “To Kill (or Imprison for Life) a Juvenile: The Proper Exercise of Judicial Discretion for Sentencing a Juvenile Offender,” by Board from Children’s Rights Litigation (2017).
6. Read “The Art of Evaluating an Appeal: 10 Hard-Learned Tips,” by Walbolt from Criminal Litigation (2017).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."