Using a minimum of 4 recent scholarly peered reviewed article less than 5yrs old for DQ 1 and 3 scholarly peer-reviewed article for DQ 2 must be cited using APA format 750 words for each topic DQ 1 and DQ2 It should be written separately include the http or DOI for all references used please Note: Please see reading references below:
Week 7 DQ 1
Define appeal. What can be appealed? What is reviewed on appeal?
Week 7 DQ 2
Find an example of a case. Explain the purpose of the appeal. Provide the rationale the court utilized to reach an outcome and what was the outcome.
Please see the reading materials
1. Read “Sentencing and Punishment” by Easton & Piper from Criminal Law Forum (2007).
2. Read “Understanding Judicial Hierarchy: Reversals and the Behavior of Intermediate Appellate Judges” by Scott from Law & Society Review (2006).
3. Read “Pretrial Detention Choices and Federal Sentencing,” by Oleson, VanNosrand, Lowenkamp, Cadigan, & Wooldredge from Federal Probation (2014).
4. Read “Federal Sentencing: Time for a Second Look?” by Gardephe from Litigation (2017).
5. Read “To Kill (or Imprison for Life) a Juvenile: The Proper Exercise of Judicial Discretion for Sentencing a Juvenile Offender,” by Board from Children’s Rights Litigation (2017).
6. Read “The Art of Evaluating an Appeal: 10 Hard-Learned Tips,” by Walbolt from Criminal Litigation (2017).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."