Read the following scenario:
Mr. Robert McClelland, an 81-year-old man, is a new admission from the local hospital to your long-term care facility. After Mr. McClelland’s last bout with pneumonia and congestive heart failure, his wife of 59 years has decided she is no longer able to care for him alone. Mrs. McClelland states, “He has just gotten too weak and can’t help me care for him. I am so afraid he will fall and hurt himself. I am so worn out trying to care for him myself. I have to bathe him and remind him to eat; sometimes, I’ve had to feed him myself, or he won’t eat. He can be so forgetful.”
Given this information, there are two options that Mrs. McClelland is considering.
- Hire an in-home nurse to care for her husband.
- Place her husband in a nursing home.
Write 200–250 words arguing for the option you think will be best. Use the discussion prompts to guide the content for your initial post. Then, respond to at least two of your peers’ posts.
- You are Mr. McClelland’s nurse. You are tasked with providing the information for both assisted health care options. Based on your assessment of Mr. McClelland’s symptoms and his wife’s concerns, draft a response to help them make the best decision for their situation.
- Find at least one resource to support your argument. Be sure to use APA (7th ed.) when citing this resource.
- Additionally, share your opinion about which option you believe is the best for Mr. and Mrs. McClelland’s situation, and explain why.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."