- Review and download the Literature Review Matrix found in the Resources.
- Research the Walden Library to review at least four peer-reviewed articles on evidence-based practice applied in clinical decision support (CDS). The Walden Library recommends the following:
- Select the Nursing Research databases in the Walden Library.
- Search “decision support” in Box 1, and add a diagnosis, condition, population, system, etc., in Box 2. It helps to keep concepts separate.
- Limit the search results to Peer Reviewed Scholarly Journals only—in the left column of the results screen. Consider limiting results by publication date.
- For more information about specific theories and models, search SAGE Knowledge for specialized encyclopedias.
The textbook is an excellent source of examples.
- For each article you find, fill in the columns of the Literature Review Matrix.
- Review the resources.
- Consider the models and theories used in your selected articles.
- Reflect on which of the evidence-based practices you would recommend for quality improvement in your workplace.
Part 1: Literature Review Matrix
Submit your completed Literature Review Matrix that contains the four research articles you researched and reviewed.
Part 2: Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Recommendation
Develop a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you present your research and data to support your clinical decision support (CDS) recommendation for quality improvement.
Based on your research, address the following in your presentation:
- Synthesize your findings from your four articles, focusing on applicable models and/or theories relevant to CDS, quality improvement in your workplace, and on applicable evidence-based practice in nursing.
- Recommend CDS or information to consider in clinical decision making and explain your rationale for the recommendation. Be specific.
- Justify your recommendation. Be specific and provide examples.
- Recommend how you would address possible limitations or challenges, including:
- Explain how you would avoid alert fatigue.
- Explain under what conditions you would allow an override to an alert.
- Explain how you would monitor compliance.
- Identify factors that might contribute to continuous overrides.
- Justify conditions under which an override may be necessary.
- Provide references in APA style at the end of your presentation—the reference slide or slides do not count toward your assignment total.
For the PowerPoint presentation in this Assignment, use the APA PowerPoint template provided in the Learning Resources and follow the guidelines in the Assignment for where to provide your references and other APA required items.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."