Milestone – Project 1
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Use common practices to recruit diverse talent
- Recommend policies and practices to promote employee retention and motivation
You are an HR specialist for a company that manufactures shoes. Recently, you noticed the turnover has increased, specifically with newly hired production associates working less than 60 days. You designed an exit survey for those who recently resigned and have received 100 responses so far.
- Based on this feedback, you are asked to recommend changes to the recruiting and selection process.
- You are also asked to ensure the organization is attracting talent from a diverse pool of candidates.
The Production Associate position has not historically attracted talent from various diverse backgrounds.
- Production associates can be trained on the equipment if they have not operated the machines before.
- Associates use measuring tools but are not writing extensively or performing complex mathematical calculations.
- Although the role requires long periods of standing, some roles are performed seated. Employees usually rotate through these stations for four hours at a time.
- The company prides itself on crafting very light shoes; as such, the typical lifting weight is 25 pounds at the most.
- Production associates receive training to advance to the Production Associate II position or into lead roles.
Consider this information in conjunction with the desire to attract a more diverse talent pool and the exit survey results when making edits to the job description.
The job description and job advertisement (job posting) need to address both the turnover concerns and the attraction of diverse talent. Once you attract talent, the team will need some guidance on interviewing for selection of talent.
Furthermore, to provide a great employee experience, you will need to develop onboarding and orientation guidance that will help the department managers retain and motivate the newly hired talent.
For this project, you will be using Milestone One data and information and building upon it to develop a recruitment and retention package for a management tool. Based on feedback from your instructor, update the work you submitted for Milestone One to incorporate into this project. Add your Milestone One updated information to the following:
For talent assessment, develop (A) two interview questions that will be included in the screening process to help ensure a strong match, and, for each, (B) explain how each question will determine whether a candidate is a match. Finally, draft a memo to the department manager, including reasons for turnover issues and new steps of the onboarding and orientation process, who will implement the recommended steps, an explanation for changes, and the turnover challenges being addressed.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Turnover Analysis
- Analyze exit interview data to determine turnover reasons.
- Create a graph to show aspects of the selection and onboarding process that may be causing turnover.
- Job Description
- Edit a job description to attract matched talent.
- Address turnover reasons and strategies to attract diverse talent.
- Job Advertisement (Posting)
- Develop a job advertisement (posting) to attract diverse talent and address the positive and negative attributes of the role.
- Explain how your advertisement (posting) will attract a diverse talent pool through its use of language and description of the position.
- Interview Questions
- Develop at least two interview questions for selecting talent for this role, providing specific examples to support why these will be effective in determining if the candidate is a match.
- Describe aspects of the selection and onboarding process that may be causing the turnover, referencing the graph you created.
- Create new steps of the onboarding and orientation process to reduce turnover, providing specific examples to support your claims.
- Identify the responsible party for each step (for example, Human Resources or manager).
- Describe how new steps in onboarding and orientation processes promote retention.
- Describe how new steps in onboarding and orientation processes promote motivation.
What to Submit
To complete this entire recruitment and retention package document, review the following checklist to make sure you included all required elements:
- Turnover graph
- Edited job description
- Job advertisement (posting) with justification
- At least two interview questions
- Memo that includes:
- Turnover issues
- New processes
- Delegation of new processes
- How new steps can support retention and motivation
Recruitment and Retention Package
Submit this assignment as a Word document, 3 to 5 pages in length (not including the title page). Use double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on formatting; you can access Shapiro Library resources through the Academic Support area of the course.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."