Critical reflection of your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting has the benefit of helping you to identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your clinical strengths and successes.
This week, you will write a Journal Entry, reflecting on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Refer to the “Advanced Nursing Practice Competencies and Guidelines” found in Week 1’s Learning Resources and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced nursing practice nurses must possess in your specialty of interest.
- Refer to your “Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form” you submitted in Week 1 and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek and consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience and reflect on your observations and experiences.
- Talk about COPD, Hypertension and diabetic wound care patients
Journal Entry (450–500 words):
Learning from Experiences
- Reflect on the three most challenging patients. What was most challenging for each?
Diabetic Wound- Heel ulcer stage III, Acute Chest pain
- What did you learn from this experience?
- What resources did you have available?
- What evidence-based practice did you use for this patient?
- What new skills are you learning?
- What would you do differently?
- How are you managing patient flow and volume?
Communicating and Feedback
- Reflect on how to improve on your skills and knowledge and how to communicate that back to your Preceptor.
- How are you doing?
- What type of feedback are you receiving from your Preceptor?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."