Your initial post should read approximately 250 to 350 words in length and include at least one citation from the bibliography of your textbook chapter, with the accompanying reference in APA format. To receive the maximum points, your post should include a reference from the textbook, an article of your choosing, and one of this week’s ancillary readings.
What is something that was surprising to you about the history of sports psychology? Explain why.
- Identify one major point from the textbook that was a new learning point for you
- Retrieve one article/citation from the chapter bibliography that was referenced to make this point
- Apply what you learned from reading this additional article
- Address how reading this additional article built upon this major point from the text
- Discuss contradictory information from the article to the text’s main point
- Follow APA guidelines
Chapter 1: Sport Psychology: Past, Present, Future
Williams, J. M., & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
Defining the Practice of Sport and Performance Psychology
Division 47 (Exercise and Sport Psychology) of the American Psychological Association Defining the Practice of Sport and Performance Psychology.
Quiet Competence: Writing Women into the History of Sport and Exercise Psychology
Krane, V., & Whaley, D. (2010). Quiet Competence: Writing Women Into the History of Sport and Exercise Psychology. The Sport Psychologist 18, 349-372.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."