Submit an evidence-based practice PPT about cultural competency in mental health nursing
Submit an evidence-based practice PPT about cultural competency in mental health nursing. An evidence-based practice PPT allows you to explore best practice and help improve client outcomes on a psychiatric unit. Your PPT should describe how you, as a nurse, will include – or have included – cultural awareness in a client diagnosed with a mental illness. The person you describe could be someone in your clinical setting, someone you have worked with in the past, or a theoretical client.
Remember that culture can also include gender equality, sexual orientation, and other cultures besides race and religion – including cultures unique to one particular family. Your PPT should be at least 8 slides (double-spaced, not including the title or reference slides) in APA Format and include:
- Assessment: Discuss what you would assess in regard to a client’s culture. For example, are there specific dietary requirements? Are schedule changes necessary to avoid conflicts with religious practices? Who is the spokesperson for the family? What would you assess?
- Diagnosis: List any mental health (2) nursing diagnoses this person has (or 1 at risk for). Include at least (1) cultural diagnosis. (2 + 1 = 3 diagnoses)
- Planning: What planning needs to be done to ensure the cultural and emotional safety of the client? “The patient will…..?”
- Implementation: What are interventions that would ensure the safety of your client in regard to culture? Include at least two interventions. For example, if your client has religious beliefs that affect the ability to take medications, what interventions would you create to ensure the client’s safety? What can you do to make sure the client’s cultural needs are met? “The nurse will…..”
- Evaluation: How will you evaluate whether your implementation was effective? Make sure the parameters are objective and measurable–Use numbers and scales.
- In your summary, discuss whether any completed interventions were successful. What could be done differently in the future? If the interventions have not yet been carried out, you might discuss some institutional changes that could be made to ensure cultural safety for all clients in that setting.
Just answer the evaluation aspect.
The topic for my group is Native Americans
A word document with the answers complete is more than enough as long a sit is detailed.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."